Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tart.


So I got these blueberries on sale from my local Ranch Market. Originally their purpose was a nice chilled high fiber snack for myself. But as I laid in bed tonight, that thing cam on again. You know, you get to thinking about the practice you need or a treat you had that was delicious, and the over-whelming urge to recreate hits you. Or at least me. Blueberry Muffins. Honestly I am not a big fan. Too commercial, yet so are donuts ;) Maybe the blueberries trick my mind into thinking that the muffins are too healthy to be bad. Although we all know this is not the case. Tart. Blueberries are tart, and when I want sweet, I want SWEET. Lemon curd being a total exception. My resource was the Joy of Baking website. Blueberry Struesal Muffins. They turned out like the picture, beautifully, but they weren't sweet enough if you ask me and my brotha. Moral of the story...just because you look good on the outside...doesn't mean you are good. You may be okay...but not necessarily delicious.

No comments: