Saturday, October 9, 2010


Almost two years later...unbelievable. So much has changed. Yet my passion for baking and writing and reading have remained with me. The other day I clicked on the link for my blog and reread some of my entires. I looked at some of the pictures, and miss baking. Im in Chicago now. Just moved into a new apartment with an old friend. Lately I have been thinking too much. About the uncertainty of the future. About life, love, and happiness, the usual. I went to the library and checked out some books. Get my mind right. To stop worrying about things that I have no control over, and just let it be. Because it will be ok. Baking has always been something I can do that takes my attention away from thinking too much.

I found this recipe for homemade Oreos. Im not a huge Oreo fan. I mean, if they are there I will dunk them in milk and utterly enjoy, but Im not the type to pick some up at the grocery store. Anyways, I found this recipe for them on a different blog as I was wandering around the internet. I think my cookie parts were a little thick and I laid the cream on pretty heavy. Bright side is I was concerned about making them without the aid of a mixer, but everything was doable by hand. Figured people have been making cookies for years, and I am sure there was a time when the Kitchen Aid wasn't invented. :) Feels GREAT to be back.

No comments: