Friday, November 23, 2007

Because Overindulge just so happens to be my middle name.




Here I am, the day after Thanksgiving, Baking. I think I have a problem. Not only did I stay up till 3am on Thanksgiving Eve to make two pumpkin pies and a pumpkin cheesecake, but now on a Friday night I am at home baking. I really know how to make myself feel good. I actually take it all in good humor. So myself and the Joy of Baking have pretty much become best friends. Sometimes I feel bad though, because I am the friend that always copies the other. But I think it is okay. I am a beginner, I go by the book for the most part, and I hope that over time I will develop skills to create my own takes on recipes.

I recently started working at a really great place that is known for the tea and scones. After serving many baskets of scones, along with jam and cream I had to do it myself. Im satisfied with the outcome. The cream was amazing. It was supposed to be mascarpone, sugar, egg, and vanilla. I substituted cream cheese for the mascarpone, and added a little bit of powdered sugar and powdered egg whites to thicken it up. Delicious. I love raspberry jam and the combination was right on. I feel as though I could eat the spread on a saltine cracker and be perfectly content.

No comments: