Monday, December 31, 2007

If you give a mouse a cookbook...





Watch out. Here in California it is exactly 4:47am. What started out as making Brioche for tomorrow (today) ended with a fresh broccili, sun dried tomato, cheddar quiche. My sleeping family probabaly thinks I am on drugs. Wrong. Two days ago I went to Barnes and Noble and purchased the Joy of Cooking. LOVE it! Every single person in the world should own a copy. I borrowed my grandma's old edition and decided that I needed a late Christmas present. Such a jewel it is. So I made brioche dough, which will hopefully turn into Brioche Aux Chocolate in a few hours. And as I was skimming through my cookbook I realized I had all I needed to make a quiche. Why not? My mom will love me. Happy New Year!!

**I've also included a picture of the craziness that was my Christmas baking. Gingerbread men, Sugar cookies, Pecan Sandies, Vanilla Cupcakes (w/the leftover chocolate buttercream from my Yule Log), Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Red Velvet Cupcakes. That was a long, long, weekend. But worth all the sweetness.

No comments: