Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!



Im tired from the past 24hours of baking. On top of the Christmas cookies I saved for the last minute, I alsoo participated in this month's Daring Baker's challenge. The challenge was a Yule log, and it completely slipped my mind. I have been so busy with work and holiday shopping that I wasn't focused on the challenge. To be honest, yesterday I was contemplating skipping the challenge this month. But it's only my second month as a DB and I would have felt bad. And so here it is. Appearance wise I was content, but the genoise cake was not my finest. I think I left it in the oven too long. Instead of doing a coffee buttercream, I did chocolate, it was delicious. I used the leftovers to frost some cupcakes for tomorrow. Sorry this post is so short, I promise to come back with links and more info...but I have to get to sleep so Santa doesn't skip my house!!! Happy Holidays!!

8 comments:

Dolores said...

Oh Kourtney, I'm so glad you didn't skip this one. Your log is precious! I hope Santa did well by you, that you're enjoying this special day, and that all the best lies ahead for you in 2008.

Julius said...

Gorgeous bûche de Noël.

Happy Holidays!

Julius from Occasional Baker

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A gorgeous looking log! Well done!

Happy Holidays!

Rosa

Deborah said...

It's wonderful! I love your mushrooms.

Helene said...

Hope Santa was nice to you!
Great looking log!

lina said...

Your mushrooms looks oh so good! (And the log too, but I really like the mushrooms..)
Best wishes for the new year!

Jen Yu said...

Hurray for completing your DB challenge! It looks great. Kudos to you :) I hope you get a well-deserved rest after the mad rushing about for the holidays. Happy new year!

jen at use real butter

Jenny said...

Better late than never! Well done!